NON-PROFIT ENTITIES: FOUNDATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
CENTELL-FOLCH ABOGADOS ASOCIADOS is aware of the increasing important role of foundations, associations and non-profit bodies in general, which pursue purposes that engage the interests of a vast range of groups, people and stakeholders. We provide legal services from formation to dissolution, including operations and development.
We respond to all practical issues that might enhance internal performance, and draft and alter articles of association and internal rules of operation, formation, renewal and functioning of governing bodies, exercise of powers of representation, and termination and/or dissolution.
In relations with third parties, we advise on the contracts that might support the better implementation of activities and fulfilment of their goals, and act as counsel to defend and represent our clients as before government authorities, public or private bodies and individuals, in partnership with our colleagues who specialise in other areas if required.
CENTELL-FOLCH ABOGADOS ASOCIADOS has a team of lawyers with a long track record in foundations and associations. We have experts in all relevant domains, and offer comprehensive advice on the necessary technical aspects, and propose practical, effective and efficient solutions for any issue that might arise.
Some partners at the firm are trustees of, or act as secretaries to, boards of trustees at a range of prominent foundations and associations.
We specifically specialise in:
- Advice on the creation and functioning of foundations: formation, drafting of articles of association, re-election of trustees and compliance with laws and regulations applicable at the given time.
- Advice on the creation and functioning of associations: formation, drafting of articles of association, re-election of officers and compliance with laws and regulations applicable at the given time.
- Advice on tax, labour and civil law matters, particularly with respect to the law on succession and gifts.
- Relations with government bodies, including the various national and regional protectorates.
- Development of urban planning schemes and re-zoning of land or adaptation for their endowment use in accordance with the goals of the entities concerned.
- Hosting of postgraduate courses, seminars and specialised events relating to foundations and associations.
- Drafting and review of contracts, terms and conditions of calls for papers and other proposals, cooperation and sponsorship agreements.
- Associations in the public interest: formalities towards declaration.
- We protect the personal data of volunteers, members, beneficiaries, sponsors and so forth.